Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 1: Alexis Evelyn Living in London!

I did it! I actually took the leap...quit my job, booked a flight and selected an internship! I've been here for a week and can't even explain how awesome this has been! I left all I know in California to pursue my career in fashion in the UK :)

I'll be here for exactly 5 months...June 21st- November 21st and will be celebrating my 25th birthday out of the country for the 1st time in my life!

There's a lot of emotions going through my mind, but one that I mainly feel is happy. I miss my family and I know it's only been a week since being gone, I just know it'll get harder in time- missing out on random hangout days and summer adventures. Only real thing that keeps me positive is the fact that I'm in London and have been dreaming about this for 2 years now...and I'm in technically in the future so while I'm asleep they're hanging out so it's not tooo bad since I'm already in bed!

I'm excited for the next few months and already had an unforgettable week!

I had a few days off before I started my internship so I took advantage of laying around and eating a lot before I get busy running around town. We celebrated our 2 years since meeting and had some really great homemade breakfasts and dinners, made by him :)

I started my internship at Code Le Vush on Thursday 6/27 in Kilburn, and already created 2 pairs of trousers for the collection :) My boss and fellow intern hit up a magazine lauch party for Exalt magazine on Friday night...that felt so "Sex and the City' like! We drank champagne and got to know one another. We parted around 8:30pm and I hopped the train, on my own, back to Chingford to be picked up at the station.

It's Sunday now, a very chill Sunday for us! Just getting ready for the week coming up and I looking forward to more stories and more pictures to post!


'Good Luck' cake from work :)

  LAX!

 Food!


  

Back garden <3 

Victoria Park <3



Milkshake station...at the movie theater!


Internship :)


 

 




 Exalt Magazine launch




"Time for Tea" lunch :)






 New Cath Kidston laptop bag :D




No comments:

Post a Comment