Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 13: Alexis Evelyn Living in London!

Mom is here!!!! We've been cleaning the house all weekend for her arrival and I've booked our trip to York, England :) I took the tube to Heathrow, very cheap but over 1hr45mins long, and picked up mom with flowers in hand. We took the tube back home, but I decided to take a pit stop in Piccadilly Circus for a little sight seeing! We had two hot pink suitcases to lug around but that didn't stop our 2 hour diversion.

   
















After our adventure we headed back home where she met his mom and nan for the first time :) They all hit it off quickly and we set her up in her room and went to bed early for our trip to York at 7am.
We took the East Coast train from Kings Cross and headed to York to stay at the Groves bed and breakfast. York was seriously beautiful, it had so much history down every street. There was a lot of bloodshed and death that went on...it was a little surreal hearing the stories and actually going into an old prison. We went to the Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum, along with the City Sightseeing Tour of York.  We also got to go to the York Food Festival on our last day! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I chose to go here for my mom's first England experience. 








































We got back on the 20th and went to Oxford Circus to walk around and shop around :) My mom ate her first fish and chips meal and loved it. We walked around after eating and then caught the tube to Green Park to go on a night bus tour. We had a buy one get on ticket for 15p and at first it sounded like a great deal...but after we got out seats I wish we would have waited for the next bus.
We sat next to the bus driver...facing the stairs! We couldn't see anything! Also, the windows we so dirty you couldn't even see out of them. My mom didn't mind, she still had a good time, but deep down I was mad. I made sure a bad review was written for this tour...
After, we got back home and had a count down until my 25th birthday started at midnight :) 


  
 

  


 When it turned midnight I was the princess and got presents and cards!
 We had a cruise tour set and dinner booked for the big 2-5. That was the best present! The City Cruise was awesome!! We hopped on and off a few times and heard a lot of cool history about the River Thames. We stopped at Greenwich...and a bird pooped on my upper lip...Happy Birthday to me, huh bird? After I freaked out about that, we hopped back on cruise and headed to Westminster to walk around a go to dinner. My mom got to see Regent Street and Bond Street and went to a pub before our reservation was ready. She loves ciders...more than me! We finally got to go to dinner, my favorite, Cape Town Fish Market! I had salmon and a princess ice cream sundae :) Overall I had an amazing 25th birthday! Even though I missed my stinking siblings like crazy, I'm so happy my mom was there to celebrate.




   
 























 On Sunday my mom and I went to London Fashion Weekend at the Somerset House (thanks to Bernadette for our present!). We both got all dressed up and headed to the show around 2pm. I rocked my newest dress and it fit like a glove! We walked around, and of course, there were a bunch of "divas" and "fashionistas".  We walked around and checked out the little shops, then heard a bit of a lecture and got some free Maybelline products! We went into the Canon studio and had a cool 360 pic taken of us. Overall it was such a fun day, by 5 o'clock I was exhausted and felt bad that I couldn't explore anymore, especially because it was my moms last day. It was Sunday, and everything closes early! Plus my boy had dinner set for us when we got back. So we got home and drank ciders until we were buzzed and watched movies until 2am. I had a sick time with my mom and spent a load of money but it was worth it :) 
I'm happy she came and hope she had a good time!















 Airport food!



Bye, bye mom :( Have a safe trip back!
 
Can't wait for the next week...and the next after that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment