Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 10: Alexis Evelyn Living in London!

Monday was a bank holiday! Meaning lazy day, catching up with Breaking Bad and Dexter...and eating fish and chips!
 I've been applying for new internships and got an interview at  Huishan Zhang's studio off Southampton Row. I put on my newest dress and brought my portfolio along for the interview :) The interview was great! I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it because you need to be a student to get credit, but I like experiencing different interviews. So far I've been getting positive feed back on my portfolio, which is relieving! After I walked to the British Museum, again, for a little stroll around. I really needed a pencil to sketch, so I had to wait in line and buy a pencil at the gift shop. I was starting to get really hungry so I found a Pret, grabbed a sandwich and then walked over to Primark. Oh Primark...if you were in $'s I would be one happy girl...or if I made £'s. Primark is so cheap and have really cute stuff, it's hard to choose. I usually have 10 things in my hand, walk around for an hour and end up buying nothing. I'm kind of a weird shopper...I love shopping alone, but I like a person there to say 'yeah, that cool' or 'don't you already have that' so I can put it down. I've learned that if I hold things long enough, in my mind it's like I own it and I don't need to buy it any more. The thing I miss the most about being home is getting my paycheck on Friday and going to Forever 21 on my break and buying anything I wanted within 40mins. I miss that so much. Now I have to be smart about my money because I do have to go back to the states and start from scratch again.








Humm caught little Mitzi finishing off the butter...this seems wrong!


Sewing away in my new little sewing area :)


I love being a pig out here!




Mitzi's first walk out...in a while. She's an old doggie, 10-11yrs!


This weekend we took care of these two crazy dogs! Chester and Frankie. Boy...these dogs were a handful...we have one that is obsessed with playing ball (brown dog) and one that licks...constantly! They hear any sounds outside and have a barking party and when you sleep they sleep with you or crawl under the blanket and sleep by your feet. It was cute for an hour..until we got fed up! They were a lot of fun when they were calm and tired, but when they are wired...forget about it lol.






This was the cutest bathroom I've ever seen! This was in a pub in Epping :) 


On Saturday we went out with my boys mates football team. I was the only girl with 20 guys...a girls dream lol. We started off at his friends house and drank ciders, then grabbed a taxi and headed to Epping. We went to a pub to pre-drink first then hit the club with VIP table service at One9Five. This place was really cool :) Towards the end of the night they started playing the best music. Once we had a few drinks in us we hit the dance floor and had fun messing around. I went to the bathroom and was demanded by the Jamaican lady, handing out paper towels, that I must give her money to wash my hands. "I have to feed my family"- I looked at her like she was nuts! The guys spent over a grand for the table and I have to give more to wash my hands lol.
When the night ended we took a taxi to Yasar's...the best kebab shop! We ordered then headed to his brother's place and ate our lamb-shish. I remember everything from that night, and didn't even drink that much...and I still felt hungover :(
Overall it was such a fun Saturday night!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment